1. Open Access E-Resources: Free and Downloadable
- National Digital Library of India (NDLI) (MHRD-Govt. of India and IIT-Kharagpur Initiative) (5, 89, 89,683 items hosted as of 16-January-2021).
- National Science Digital Library (Developed by CSIR-NISCAIR).
- Internet Archive is a non-profit library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more. (20 million books, 4.5 million audio recordings, 4 million videos, and much more)
- LoyalBooks – Free Public Domain Audiobooks & eBook Downloads
2. Open Access E-Books
- DOAB (Directory of Open Access Books): 29,872Academic peer-reviewed books from 393 publishers
- Digital Library of India (Project funded by the Govt. of India.) (38,280 books in PDF format)
- ManyBooks: Ultimate guide to free e-books, offers more than 50,000 ebooks to be discovered!
- PDFDrive – PDF Drive is a search engine for PDF files. As of 03-09-2020, there are 84,552,812 eBooks for you to download for free.
- OpenStax – Free, flexible, peer-reviewed Textbooks available in convenient formats for students (Science, humanities, social sciences, commerce, etc.)
3. Open Textbook Library
– Textbooks every student can access and afford. These books have been reviewed by faculty from a variety of colleges and universities to assess their quality.
- Free Book Notes – An aggregate literary resources of over 53,000 books
- Free-eBooks.net– Thousands of free books to read whenever and wherever you like!
- FreeTechBooks– Database of Free, Open Access Online Computer Science books, Textbooks, and Lecture Notes-
- Commons Open Educational Resources – OER Commons is a public digital library of open educational resources.-
- Bookyards– Library to the world – Over 24,000 eBooks freely available.
4. Open Access Audio Books
- LibriVox: A library of around 14,000 audio books freely available on the internet in the public domain.
- Open Culture: 1,000 free Audio Books Downloadable
5. Open Access E-Content (Videos, Tutorials, Interactive Content)
- e-PG Pathshala: A Gateway to all PG Courses – High quality, curriculum-based, interactive content in different subjects across all disciplines.
- Vidya-Mitra: Integrated E-Content Portal – Project of MHRD-Govt. of India & INFLIBNET – e-Text, Videos, e-Tutorials for UG & PG Students.
- SWAYAM-PRABHA– Free DTH Channels for Education: Project of MHRD-Govt. of India & INFLIBNET – 32 DTH Channels telecasting of high-quality educational programmes on 24X7 basis
- CEC-UGC Edusat: Consortium for Education Communication from UGC: A YouTube Channel of The Consortium for Educational Communication popularly known as CEC is one of the Inter University Centres set up by the University Grants Commission of India.
6. E-Learning Courses Platforms
- SWAYAM : (Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds) SWAYAM is a programme initiated by Government of India. Courses delivered through SWAYAM are available free of cost to the learners, however learners wanting a SWAYAM certificate should register for the final proctored exams that come at a fee and attend in-person at designated centers on specified dates.
- UGC MOOCs: A Vertical of SWAYAM
- NPTEL: (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) A Project funded by the MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Coursera: Build skills with courses, certificates, and degrees online from world-class universities and companies
- edX: Access 2500+ Online Courses from 140 Institutions – internationally reputed and recognized.
- FutureLearn: Get access to high quality learning wherever you are, with online courses, programs and degrees created by leading universities, business schools and specialist organizations.
- Udemy: The world’s largest selection of courses, choose from over 100,000 online video courses with new additions published every month.
- Unacademy: Enroll in courses and watch lessons from India’s best educators, on India’s largest learning platform